Unenchanted by Chanda Hahn.
Blurb from goodreads.
Mina Grime is unlucky, unpopular and uncoordinated, that is until she saves her crush’s life on a field trip, changing her High School status from loser to hero overnight. But with her newfound fame brings misfortune as an old family curse come to light. For Mina is descended from the Brothers Grimm and has inherited all of their unfinished fairy tale business. Which includes trying to outwit a powerful Story from making her its next fairytale victim.
To break the fairy tale curse on her family and stop these deadly events, Mina must finish the tales until the very Grimm end.
I enjoyed this book, it flowed well and I liked guessing at which fairytale characters each character was. It is aimed at teenagers, but it was well written and enjoyable. There was a few spelling and grammar mistakes but not very many, little enough that I could ignore them. The characters were easy to relate to. I just hope Brody is in the next book, I think it will have to been too much time spent on his character for there not to be. I was very glad of the fact that Mina knew she had to save her family, and she put that above everything else, including boys, which does not happen much anymore in YA.
All in all it is a good book, I am looking forward to the next one. It brought me back to my childhood in a good way, which is hard to do.
Until next time bookworms.
- Review: An Unfortunate Fairy Tale # UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn (notalostwanderer.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: UnEnchanted ★★★★ (coveringallcovers.wordpress.com)
- Grimm (thetwisteddanish.wordpress.com)
- Five hundred new fairytales discovered in Germany (greywulf.net)
- Getting Grimm (nicetogeekyou.com)
- Does Disney Really Ruin Fairytales? (nerdintherealworld.wordpress.com)