The Changelings is the first book in the War of The Fae series by Elle Casey.
I was a bit unsure of this book at the start but I was quickly proved wrong it is a great easy read. Jayne has a bit of a potty mouth so aimed at older teens but I did not think it was excessive. I really liked her character. And all the other characters, was a bit suspicious of Jared but not enough to think he was a bad guy. The authors imagination is incredible, how she came up with some of I’ll never know. She uses mythology to her advantage and writes a modern story with mythical creatures. And Spike, oh my will you marry me please?
Was not a fan of the cliffhanger at the end but not enough to put me off. A love triangle possibly square near the end, I thought it was very refreshing that her best friend did not fancy her and visa versa and there was only one guy she liked, then it got ruined.
I would give it 5 stars. It is aimed at older teens and adults, there is some foul language but not too much. I am very much looking forward to the next one.
So bye for now bookworms.
- Shine Not Burn By Elle Casey Review! (zakirrahsbookblog.wordpress.com)
- By Degrees – Elle Casey (funwithbooksblog.com)
- New Release: By Degrees By Elle Casey! (zakirrahsbookblog.wordpress.com)
- Booky Ramblings Recommendations from July 2013 (beanieboo78.wordpress.com)
- Bestsellers and winners (diamondpublicationz.wordpress.com)