A day late yet again. Sorry, will catch up soon.
Might on Monday, is a post where I say a book that I have been thinking about reading but am unsure about. I hope people will reply if whether or not they have read the book, and let me know what they think of it.
This weeks book is The Keep by Jennifer Egan.
Award-winning author Jennifer Egan brilliantly conjures a world from which escape is impossible and where the keep-–the tower, the last stand-–is both everything worth protecting and the very thing that must be surrendered in order to survive.
Two cousins, irreversibly damaged by a childhood prank, reunite twenty years later to renovate a medieval castle in Eastern Europe. In an environment of extreme paranoia, cut off from the outside world, the men reenact the signal event of their youth, with even more catastrophic results. And as the full horror of their predicament unfolds, a prisoner, in jail for an unnamed crime, recounts an unforgettable story that seamlessly brings the crimes of the past and present into piercing relation.
I started this a while and couldn’t get into it properly. It really looks amazing. it looks like a book full of dark secrets, intrigue and suspense. Has anyone read it? Is it worth the read?
Which books might you read on Monday?
- Some diagrams of Jennifer Egan novels (martineve.com)
- Jennifer Egan: how Twitter inspired my ebook, by @tomlamont (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Jennifer Egan on ‘Goon Squad’, ‘Los Angeles Times’ brouhaha, and her next novel (shelf-life.ew.com)
- Day 21 – Unread Books / 積ん読 (arthurjhuang.wordpress.com)
- Musing Mondays: December 2 (readerlymusings.com)
- *It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?* Covert Assignment by Missy Marciassa (drpepperdiva.wordpress.com)
- Musing Mondays: November 25 (readerlymusings.com)
- It’s Monday! What are you Reading? 12/2/13 (ipushbooks.wordpress.com)