Silver Bells by Sadie Hart
Every year, the Christmas Carousel in South Howle takes a beating, and every year, Dash Bartholomew tenderly brings it back to life. It’s a job he started fifteen years ago, when Dash became Dasher, one of Santa’s reindeer, and accepted the worn leather harness now hanging on the hooks at the back of the carousel barn. The one with its beautiful, silver bells that once made the most wondrous sound in the world, and now lay quiet.
That is, until Merry, a young, homeless woman wanders in looking for a place out of the cold. Unlike Dash, she can hear the sweet chimes of the bells, proving to him that it’s not the harness that’s broken. As Christmas draws near, Dash finds himself drawn to Merry and her quiet, stubborn pride. However, unable to hear the sleigh bells Dash isn’t sure what Christmas this year will bring, only that the magic in that harness is far less important than the woman he’s come to love.
Overview – Spoilers
I liked this book, it was a nice romance mixed with festive spirit. I liked the characters. It is only 24 pages long so it is faced paced. I would have preferred it a little longer, but that’s because I got attached to Dash, he was a good character. The idea of the bells, was amazing. It was so poetic and full of the Christmas spirit.
It is free on amazon for the kindle, it is worth the read.
4.5 stars out of 5.
- CRY SANCTUARY Don’t You Love a Hot Shifter Thriller/Romance?? (fangswandsandfairydust.blogspot.com)
- TV Club: Awkward.: “A Very Special Episode Of Awkward”/”Less Than Hero” (avclub.com)
- TV Club: Awkward.: “Old Jenna” (avclub.com)
- Awkward Review Episode “The Gift” (popcultureimmersion.com)
- “Cha-cha-cha-changes” Awkward. Season 3 Episode 1 (theartofgoodtelevision.wordpress.com)
- 30 Free Nook Books for Tuesday (Nov 12th) (colornook.wordpress.com)
- True Sight (spiritualwritersnetwork.com)