Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by Broke and Bookish, this weeks topic is ten things you would like to see more of in books.
1. Magic– I know there is loads but love reading about all different kinds of magic, can never get enough.
2. Boarding schools – Like Harry Potter and Hex Hall, there is a dynamic that is set by staying at the school.
3. Friendships – This may seem obvious but I like it when characters have strong friendships that can survive anything.
4. Family –As a lot of people have been saying, family in YA especially is not a big thing, I think it should be more.
5. Sweet Relationships- I want couples to hold hands, laugh at each others jokes, have some romance, it all seems to be about kissing and sex, I remember getting such a rush as a teenager from my hand being held, being cuddled. I think it should show more in books.
6. Pirates- I love Pirates want to read more about them, enough said.
7. Bad-ass female characters – Like Hermione and Katniss and Tris, okay there a few but there should be more, always more.
8. Girls who are not into clothes and make-up – I want to read about a girl who is not a tomboy but doesn’t really care for make-up, why does it have to be girly girl or tomboy?
9. Youngsters who aspire to be great – I may be wrong, but I have not really read many books where the youngsters are trying to be doctors, lawyers etc.
10. J.K.Rowling – I just want more, she is a fantastic writer and I want more 🙂
What do you want more of in books?