I saw this on Books for Thought, thought it looked really good and I like their answers, so I thought I’d give it a go.
1. Find an author or title with the letter Z in it.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
I really enjoyed this book. It was different from anything else I have read. I loved that it was narrated by death.
2. Find a classic
Jaws by Peter Benchly,
Still not got around to reading this, need to do it soon.
3.Find a book with a key on it.
I could not find a book with a key on it. Oh well.
4. Find something on your shelf that is not a book.
I have a vase on the top of my shelf.
5. Find the oldest book on your shelf.
Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Another one I have not yet managed to get around to reading, think I read it as a kid, but don’t remember how much I read.
6.Find a book with a girl on the cover.
Graceling by Kristen Cashore, I love this book. Read it four times and counting 🙂
7.Find a book with an animal on it.
Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
I started this a while ago and really enjoyed it but started another book, and forgot about it.
8. Find a book with a male protagonist.
Well any of the Harry Potter’s really. Really need to do a reread sometime soon.
9. Find a book with only words on it.
For one more day by Mitch Albom
Okay so, there is a little picture, but it’s the closest I could find.
10. Find a book with illustrations in it.
I am Number four.
I think there is some little designs in it, it’s been a long time since I read it.
11. Find a book with Gold Lettering
The Meaning of night by Michael Cox
Looks like a really good book.
12. Find a Diary (real or fiction)
I do not have any. Cannot find anything even close.
13. Find a book by someone with a common name (like Mitchell)
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.
Oh what I would not give to be able to sit for a few days and read this book.
14. Find a book with a close up on it.
A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
It has a close up of a shiny crown.
15. Find a book that takes place in the earliest time period.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
I have had this book for a long time, about 9 years. Looks really good, it’s the length that scares me.
16. Find a hardcover without it’s jacket.
I keep all the jackets on my hardcovers. I hate seeing them bare.
17. Find a teal/turquoise book.
Not quite teal but close enough.
18. Find a book with stars on it.
Looks like a typical YA book, but looks fun.
19. Find a non-YA book.
A lot of my shelved books are not YA, I buy that on my kindle, don’t know why.
What I have found out from this is that, I need to get reading all these books 🙂
If you have done this, leave me a comment. I look forward to reading your hunts.